- FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
- SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- PROGRAM DIRECTORS
- PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- FELLOW LOGIN
Welcome to the Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship program at the University of Texas Health San Antonio!
We are a division within the Department of Emergency Medicine at UTHSCSA which provides emergency medicine and trauma services at University Hospital, a level I trauma center and tertiary referral center for south and central Texas. Our ED accommodates > 70K visits per year. Together the UT School of Medicine and University Hospital offers our residents and fellows tremendous opportunities to work and learn in an Academic/County Hospital environment surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the country. We are proud to be able to offer our ultrasound fellows the opportunity to gain a mastery of bedside ultrasound while learning and teaching as junior faculty in such a rich and challenging environment.
Briefly, here are a few highlights of our program:
- We have 3 fellowship trained full-time academic faculty members
- a $1M state-of-the-art ultrasound lab
- a very pro-ultrasound department chairperson
- a successful new EM residency program which is also pro-ultrasound
- an active longitudinal US curriculum for medical students
- a shiny new physical emergency department
- a new pediatric ED is under construction
- We teach our own annual Bedside Ultrasound CME course and our faculty have been instructors at multiple national level courses and conferences including SAEM
- Plus San Antonio is a great place to live and work with
- a low cost of living
- tons of family oriented entertainment
- our famous Riverwalk
- and no state income tax!
We hope that you will give us a call, visit our table at ACEP, and come down to interview with us!