University of Texas Health San Antonio
Welcome to the Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship program at the University of Texas Health San Antonio!
We are a Division within the Department of Emergency Medicine at UTHSCSA which provides emergency medicine and trauma services at University Hospital, a level I trauma center and tertiary referral center for south and central Texas. Our ED accommodates > 80K visits per year. Together the UT School of Medicine and University Hospital offers our residents and fellows tremendous opportunities to work and learn in an Academic/County Hospital environment surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the country. We are proud to be able to offer our ultrasound fellows the opportunity to gain a mastery of bedside ultrasound while learning and teaching as junior faculty in such a rich and challenging environment.
Briefly, here are a few highlights of our program:
- Three fellowship trained full-time academic faculty members
- A medical school based $1.2M Center for Clinical Ultrasound Education
- A very pro-ultrasound department chairperson
- A successful EM residency program which is also pro-ultrasound
- An active longitudinal US curriculum for medical students
- A popular one month 4th year emergency ultrasound student elective
- A state-of-the-art Emergency Department and level 1 Trauma Center
- A rapidly expanding Pediatric Emergency Department with dedicated ultrasound resources
- Our faculty have been instructors at multiple national level courses and conferences
- An active research program with multiple IRB projects ongoing
- Plus San Antonio is a great place to live and work with
- a low cost of living
- tons of family oriented entertainment
- our famous Riverwalk
- and no state income tax!
We hope that you will give us a call, visit our table at ACEP, and come down to interview with us!