Program Fellowship Director Reqs
Wayne State University
Fellowship Director Requirements
1. If not fellowship trained, does the EUS fellowship director have at least 3 years of experience using EUS in clinical practice after residency?
Fellowship director completed a EUS preceptorship at UMass 2006-2007. Since then has been a primary ultrasound educator to 3 residencies. Fellowship director since 2013 with 9 graduated fellows and 2 current
2. Has the EUS fellowship director published at least three peer reviewed emergency ultrasound articles in Medline indexed journals?
3. Are at least two of the above mentioned publications original ultrasound research with the EUS fellowship director as first author on one of them?
4. Does the fellowship director have a record of excellence in teaching? (This ability can be demonstrated by teaching awards, consistently favorable evaluations by residents and/or fellows, or the like.)
5. Does the EUS fellowship director have at least four regional and national abstract research presentations at meetings conducted by organizations such as ACEP, SAEM, AIUM or similar meetings over a three-year period
6. Is the EUS fellowship director involved in advancing emergency ultrasound by active participation or leadership in one of the previously mentioned nationally recognized organizations?