Program Fellowship Director Reqs
University of Nebraska
Fellowship Director Requirements
1. If not fellowship trained, does the EUS fellowship director have at least 3 years of experience using EUS in clinical practice after residency?
Program director is fellowship trained and holds AEMUS FPD.
2. If fellowship trained, did the EUS fellowship director complete fellowship more than 1 year ago?
3. Has the EUS fellowship director published at least three peer reviewed emergency ultrasound articles in Medline indexed journals?
4. Are at least two of the above mentioned publications original ultrasound research with the EUS fellowship director as first author on one of them?
Publications have been a mixture of research and also case reports. See the Research link.
5. Does the fellowship director have a record of excellence in teaching? (This ability can be demonstrated by teaching awards, consistently favorable evaluations by residents and/or fellows, or the like.)
6. Does the EUS fellowship director have at least four regional and national abstract research presentations at meetings conducted by organizations such as ACEP, SAEM, AIUM or similar meetings over a three-year period
Dr Marx has taught both nationally and internationally over the past 5 years. Educational activity focuses on developing POCUS FOAMED videos that are posted on youtube with 28k+ subscribers and 1.6M+ views. Residents he has mentored have presented original research abstracts on the national level but has not been 4 presentation overs over a 3 year period.
7. Is the EUS fellowship director involved in advancing emergency ultrasound by active participation or leadership in one of the previously mentioned nationally recognized organizations?