Program Fellowship Director Reqs
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
Fellowship Director Requirements
1. If not fellowship trained, does the EUS fellowship director have at least 3 years of experience using EUS in clinical practice after residency?
2. If fellowship trained, did the EUS fellowship director complete fellowship more than 1 year ago?
3. Has the EUS fellowship director published at least three peer reviewed emergency ultrasound articles in Medline indexed journals?
4. Are at least two of the above mentioned publications original ultrasound research with the EUS fellowship director as first author on one of them?
5. Does the fellowship director have a record of excellence in teaching? (This ability can be demonstrated by teaching awards, consistently favorable evaluations by residents and/or fellows, or the like.)
- Recognition for Ultrasound Education, Mexican Association of Critical and Emergency Ultrasound (AMUSCU) – Webinars Initiative, December 2018\r\n- Invited to serve as hands-on instructor for Salad Sono Fest in Brooklyn, October 2018\r\n- Created and moderates the highly popular Residency Ultrasound Rounds held monthly, July 2018\r\n- Award of Recognition of Online Education, Fellowship Graduation Ceremony, June 2018\r\n- Certificate of Appreciation for Directorship of Israeli Association of Emergency Medicine’s (IAEM) 1st Pre-Conference Critical Care Ultrasound Workshop in Tel Aviv, March 2018\r\n- Research Oral Presentation Award at 15th Annual St. Luke’s Regional Ultrasound Symposium in New York, March 2018\r\n- Most Innovative Blog or Podcast as Associate Editor for EMdocs.net, awarded by Academic Life in Emergency Medicine (ALiEM) Awards, May 2016
6. Does the EUS fellowship director have at least four regional and national abstract research presentations at meetings conducted by organizations such as ACEP, SAEM, AIUM or similar meetings over a three-year period
7. Is the EUS fellowship director involved in advancing emergency ultrasound by active participation or leadership in one of the previously mentioned nationally recognized organizations?
Co-Chair, ACEP US Resident Education Sub-Committee\r\n\r\nPrior Fellowship Representative, Fellow Education SUb-Committee