Program Fellowship Director Reqs
Desert Regional Medical Center
Fellowship Director Requirements
1. If not fellowship trained, does the EUS fellowship director have at least 3 years of experience using EUS in clinical practice after residency?
2. If fellowship trained, did the EUS fellowship director complete fellowship more than 1 year ago?
3. Does the fellowship director have a record of excellence in teaching? (This ability can be demonstrated by teaching awards, consistently favorable evaluations by residents and/or fellows, or the like.)
Dr. Nelson has received multiple teaching awards throughout his career, most recently being awarded ER faculty of the year at DRMC in 2018, 2020, and 2022.
4. Has the EUS fellowship director published at least three peer reviewed emergency ultrasound articles in Medline indexed journals?
5. Does the EUS fellowship director have at least four regional and national abstract research presentations at meetings conducted by organizations such as ACEP, SAEM, AIUM or similar meetings over a three-year period
6. Is the EUS fellowship director involved in advancing emergency ultrasound by active participation or leadership in one of the previously mentioned nationally recognized organizations?