Program Fellowship Director Reqs
Allegheny General Hospital
Fellowship Director Requirements
1. If not fellowship trained, does the EUS fellowship director have at least 3 years of experience using EUS in clinical practice after residency?
The Fellowship Director has over 15 years of experience with EUS.
2. If fellowship trained, did the EUS fellowship director complete fellowship more than 1 year ago?
3. Has the EUS fellowship director published at least three peer reviewed emergency ultrasound articles in Medline indexed journals?
The fellowship director has completed an emergency research fellowship and a multidisciplinary MPH focused on research methodology. The director has multiple research publications and presentations on various emergency medicine topics. A concerted effort is being made publish within the ultrasound literature, and thus, compliance with this requirement is expected within the near future.
4. Are at least two of the above mentioned publications original ultrasound research with the EUS fellowship director as first author on one of them?
5. Does the fellowship director have a record of excellence in teaching? (This ability can be demonstrated by teaching awards, consistently favorable evaluations by residents and/or fellows, or the like.)
The Director has been the recipient of both the Mentor Award and the Golden Apple Teaching Award given by the AGH emergency medicine residents.
6. Does the EUS fellowship director have at least four regional and national abstract research presentations at meetings conducted by organizations such as ACEP, SAEM, AIUM or similar meetings over a three-year period
The fellowship director has had numerous research presentations at regional and national SAEM and ACEP meetings, and has been the recipient of multiple research grants, including EMF resident and Fellowship research grants.
7. Is the EUS fellowship director involved in advancing emergency ultrasound by active participation or leadership in one of the previously mentioned nationally recognized organizations?
The fellowship director is a member of the ACEP ultrasound section and a member of AIUM.