Program Fellowship Grad Crit
John Peter Smith Hospital
Fellowship Grad Requirements
1. Is the EUS fellow required to perform >1000 ultrasound examinations during fellowship?
2. Is the EUS fellow required to design at least one research project to be submitted to the home site institutional review board, and commence the project and data collection during the course of the fellowship?
3. Is the EUS fellow required to be involved with at least one other ultrasound research project during fellowship for which publication is planned with the fellow as an author?
4. Is the EUS fellow required to be involved with various administrative and quality assurance duties including but not limited to internal billing audits, interdepartmental meetings, and monitoring of the credentialing process of colleagues?
5. Is the EUS fellow required to prepare and deliver lectures to the department (faculty, residents, medical students, other health care providers) on at least four separate basic emergency ultrasound applications?
6. Is the EUS fellow required to show at least 20 hours per month of hands-on teaching of residents and or other faculty in bedside emergency ultrasound? (This includes but is not limited to didactic lectures, bedside teaching, research involvement of residents or faculty, and QA education.)
7. Is the EUS fellow required to attend one national emergency ultrasound organization meeting during the year?