Prog Fellowship Position
Length of Fellowship:
Based on the level of training. Follows ACGME pay scale.
$7700 CME Including funding for licensing, organizational membership, and scrubs.
Number of Clinical Hours:
Six 8-9 hour shifts per month.
Moonlighting opportunities available
Teaching: Involved in ultrasound curriculum development; educating faculty, residents and medical students through hands-on teaching and core lectures.
Research: Required year-long research project.
Number of Sites
IU Health Riley Hospital for Children
IU Health Methodist Hospital
Eskenazi (Wishard) Hospital
Number of Positions per year:
- Hands-on scanning with director and ultrasound faculty of medical, surgical and trauma patients
- Independent scanning once the fellow is more confident and comfortable
- Weekly Journal Clubs
- Weekly scan review and Q/A
- Opportunities to scan throughout the hospital in the ICU, echo lab, radiology department and with anesthesia learning peripheral blocks
- Teaching at ultrasound workshops both locally and nationally
- Attend national conferences
- Opportunities and resources available to pursue a research project with dedicated research time
The fellowship curriculum is based on ACEP's Emergency Ultrasound Guidelines and ACEPS's Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship Guidelines.
In addition to the departmental US core faculty, the fellow has opportunities to scan with:
- Anesthesia faculty on the regional pain service, performing peripheral blocks
- Cardiology faculty at the bedside and reviewing studies in the echocardiography reading room
- Critical care faculty in the ICU
- Fellows are expected to complete 1000 high-quality exams during their fellowship.
Deadline for fellowship application: