Prog Fellowship Position
Harbor - UCLA Medical Center
Length of Fellowship:
- Competitive with LA County employee benefits (medical, dental, disability).
- Sponsorship for concurrent masters degree at UCLA.
- Time is available for limited moonlighting opportunities in the surrounding communities.
- Limited funded teaching opportunities.
Number of Clinical Hours:
8 shifts monthly (shifts are 7-9 hours in duration)
1.) Educational - Resident and medical student elective rotations
2.) Research - Develop a research project of your choosing to completion
3.) Administrative - ED QI/QA and imaging review
Number of Sites
One, which includes a separate pediatric emergency department on-site
Number of Positions per year:
- 1 Adult
- 1-2 Peds EM
- Advanced degrees available via UCLA - ex: Medical Education Fellowship (MEF) certificate program, MPH, Masters in Clinical Research, Graduate Research certificate through UCLA CTSI, etc.
- Hospital-wide POCUS Committee involvement
The goals of the fellowship program are to:
- Become an expert and leader in emergency ultrasonography
- Develop advance ultrasound teaching skills
- Be capable of starting up and directing an emergency ultrasound program
- Contribute to the emergency ultrasound knowledge base through research
- Be familiar with national emergency ultrasound policies / politics
- Become prepared for an academic emergency medicine career
Deadline for fellowship application:
Per NRMP guidelines
November EUS Match Day