Prog Fellowship Position
New York Presbyterian - Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Columbia University
Length of Fellowship:
$4,000 CME with an additional $1,000 CME grant available
Number of Clinical Hours:
18 hours per week as Attending Physician supervising fellows and residents in a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Department. Double or triple coverage always available.
- Weekly conference, journal clubs, clip review
- Faculty, fellow, resident, PAs and student POCUS education
- Nursing US-guided IV education in PED and annual workshop
- 8 hours scan shifts per week
- Completion of a scholarly project (research, QI, education)
- Perform and document 1,000 ultrasound examinations
- RDMS eligibility by end of fellowship
Number of Sites
NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Number of Positions per year:
Educational opportunities to attend and/or teach at academic conferences regionally, domestically and internationally throughout the year.
Fellows will acquire:
1) Administrative skills required to direct a POCUS program
2) Technical skills in scanning and image interpretation
3) Quality improvement skills in divisional US image review
4) Educational skills in teaching POCUS to a wide range of learners
5) Research development and implementation skills for POCUS studies
Experience may be supplemented per request through rotations with echocardiography, regional anesthesia, gynecology, adult trauma, and pediatric radiology.
Research and education skills will be mentored via weekly conferences.
Deadline for fellowship application: