Prog Fellowship Position
Length of Fellowship:
Competitive Salary and CME package.
Competitive Salary and CME package
Number of Clinical Hours:
Six 8-9 hour shifts per month.
Moonlighting opportunities available.
Teaching: Involved in ultrasound curriculum development; educating faculty, residents and medical students through hands on teaching and core lectures.
Research: Required year long research project.
Number of Sites
IU Health Methodist Hospital
Eskenazi (Wishard) Hospital
IU Health Riley Hospital for Children
Number of Positions per year:
- Hands on scanning with director and ultrasound faculty of medical, surgical and trauma patients
- Independent scanning once fellow is more confident and comfortable
- Weekly Journal Clubs
- Weekly scan review and Q/A
- Opportunities to scan throughout the hospital in the ICU, echo lab, radiology department and with anesthesia learning peripheral blocks
- Teaching at ultrasound workshops both locally and nationally
- Attend national conferences
- Opportunities and resources available to pursue a research project with dedicated research time
The fellowship curriculum is based on ACEP's Emergency Ultrasound Guidelines and ACEPS's Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship Guidelines.
In addition to the departmental US core faculty, the fellow has opportunities to scan with:
- Anesthesia faculty on the regional pain service, performing peripheral blocks
- Cardiology faculty at the bedside and reviewing studies in the echocardiography reading room
- Critical care faculty in the ICU
- Fellows are expected to complete 800 high quality exams during their fellowship.
Deadline for fellowship application:
Fellows are chosen according to NRMP Match schedule.